Click here to download the complete Social Media Tool Kit.
Click here to download the press release.
We have created some sample tweets, social media posts, and email language for you to use on social media to help us spread the word about Right from the Start in the Digital Age. Thank you!
- Four-in-ten Internet users are victims of online harassment! Teach our kids to be better: https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- 88% of teens have seen others be cruel on social media. Help them get it right from the start: https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- 16% of cyberbullying victims seriously consider suicide. #StopCyberbullying right from the start: https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- Help the children you know learn to become responsible digital citizens, right from the start: https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- Sure, kids can swipe, tap, and unlock screens – but do they know how to be good digital citizens? https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- Cruel and mean online behaviors, including #cyberbullying, can have a disastrous impact. https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
- Help children develop the social/emotional skills they need to stay safe and responsible online https://rightfromthestart.co/ #digitalagekids
Sample social media posts:
- Did you know that 73% of adult internet users have seen someone be harassed in some way online and 40% have personally experienced it? Let’s help the next generation be better. Help children that you know learn responsible digital citizenship, right from the start: https://rightfromthestart.co/
- Cyberbullying can lead to disastrous consequences for young people, including self-harm and suicide. Let’s teach kids that being mean online is not ok. Download these free activities for grades K-3 and create responsible, safe digital citizens, in your home or classroom: https://rightfromthestart.co/
Sample email language.
I’m writing to you because I want to share an important resource with you during National Media Literacy Week. Right from the Start in the Digital Age is a national initiative that aims to help children learn to become responsible digital citizens, and to prevent them from engaging in, and being affected by, unsafe behaviors such as cyberbullying in their later school years. This year, FHI 360 released their position paper explaining the mission and vision of the national initiative in a Spanish language version. Visit their website to download the position paper in English or Spanish. Also available on their website for download is Right from the Start in the Digital Age: Curricula Activities for Teachers and Parents to Help Children Become Good Digital Citizens. Thank you again for helping prevent and protect children from cyberbullying – right from the start.
Photos for use on social media:
Connect With Us:
Follow Right from the Start in the Digital Age on Twitter: https://twitter.com/digitalagekids
Share your experiences teaching children to be responsible digital citizens using the hashtag #DigitalAgeKids
Email us anytime to share your opinions, experiences, and feedback on the initiative: Click to reveal e-mail address